-
da_carolan_pullman_harriett_18xx A portrait of Harriett Pullman Carolan who, along with her husband Francis, purchased Le Petite Trianon and the surrounding land in 1909. Ms. Carolan was the daughter of George Pullman, creator of the popular Pullman train cars.
-
da_polk_willis_1913 Renown architect Willis Polk stands in his San Francisco office in 1913. He designed many famous buildings, one of which was Le Petite Trianon. Image courtesy of U.C Berkeley Bancroft Library.
-
da_site_19xx_018 An aerial view of Le Petite Trianon and the surrounding land. The road that is crossing the upper portion of the image is Steven Creek Road (later Blvd.) To the right of Le Petite Trianon is the winery building, which still stands on the campus today. The two buildings to the left and slightly down from Le Petite Trianon are adobe structures, originally built to house servants and ranch workers. A reproduction of one of these adobe structures, in it's original location, is currently used for offices and classrooms. The peaked roof building located between the adobes and Stevens Creek is the barn. This barn stood on the De Anza campus until the late 1980s, when it was removed to make room for the four story parking garage. The exact date of this photo is unknown. It was likely taken in the early to mid 1950s.
-
da_petite_trianon_1959_037 The library room inside Le Petite Trianon. Date of photo is unknown.
-
da_petite_trianon_1959_038 A view from another angle of the living room of Le Petite Trianon as it appeared in 1959.
-
da_petite_trianon_1959_031 A view of the living room inside Le Petite Trianon, as it appeared in 1959 when the District purchased the land along with the building.
-
da_petite_trianon_1959_030 A view of a small section of the lush gardens that surrounded Le Petite Trianon when the District purchased the land in 1959.
-
da_petite_trianon_196x_025 Le Petite Trianon is now surrounded by a fence to protect it from intruders. The home would soon be raised and moved to a new location where it would be restored and renamed The California History Center.
-
da_petite_trianon_1959_018 Le Petite Trianon, also known as The Pavilion, sits in it original location on the land that would later become De Anza College. Image taken in 1959.
-
da_petite_trianon_1959_017 Another view of Le Petite Trianon in its original location. This image was taken in 1959 when FHDA (then called the Foothill Junior College District) purchased the land for De Anza College.
-
da_petite_trianon_1959_016 Le Petite Trianon is shown here in its original location on the land that would later become De Anza College. The rear of the building faces Stevens Creek Blvd., in a location that would be occupied by the Flint Center for the Performing Arts. The Flint Center opened in 1971 and is scheduled for demolition in 2022. The swimming pool in the foreground would become a fountain in the Sunken Garden at De Anza.
-
da_petite_trianon_196x_019 Three men observe the progress as Le Petite Trianon is being moved to a new location. On the right, closest to the camera, is Dr. Robert Smithwick, the District's first Board Chairperson. In the center is Dr. A. Robert DeHart, De Anza's first President. The man on the left has not been identified. Image taken in the late 1960s.
-
da_petite_trianon_196x Le Petite Trianon, shown here in its original location with the back of the building facing Stevens Creek Blvd. The building will soon be moved to a temporary location behind the campus library, and then will be moved to its current location where it will be restored and renamed The California History Center.
-
da_petite_trianon_1965_023 Looking across the front entrance to Le Petite Trianon in 1965, you can see the winery building in the background. Le Petite Trianon was being prepared to be moved to a new location, as the Flint Center for the Performing Arts would later occupy this location.
-
da_petite_trianon_190x This image of Le Petite Trianon (The California History Center) was likely taken in the early 1900s. The older home of the Baldwins can be seen just over the roof of the newer Pavilion building. One of the adobe buildings that was used to house servants can be seen just to the left of the Pavilion, partially hidden by trees. The picture was taken from the location where the DeHart Learning Center now stands.
-
da_garden_trianon_1960 This photo, taken from the steps of Le Petite Trianon in 1960, shows the changes in the pool and garden area. There is now a pool house and the pool itself has been redesigned. Just behind the pool house is the future location of the DeHart Learning Center.
-
da_charles_virginia_baldwin_192x Charles and Virginia Baldwin, owners Le Petite Trianon, also known as The Pavilion. This photo was taken sometime in the 1920s, after they had moved to Colorado.
-
da_beaulieu_plan_190x This drawing from the early 1900s shows a portion of the layout of the Baldwin estate. The wine cellar building still stands on campus today. The two buildings to the right of the fountain area were adobe buildings that housed servants. One of the two adobe buildings has been newly constructed as a reproduction of the original.
-
da_baldwin_winery_late_1800s This image, taken in the late 1800s, shows the Beaulieu winery building which would later become De Anza College's original bookstore. The building now houses Financial Aid and faculty offices.
-
da_baldwin_pool_190x The Baldwins, who owned Le Petite Trianon in the early 1900s, had the first private swimming pool in Cupertino. This view is taken from the steps of the Pavilion, now known as The California History Center. Just behind the curved section of concrete fence is the current location of the Learning Center at De Anza College.
-
da_over_mcclellan_1889 A view of a ranch in Cupertino in 1889. Picture taken from the home of Captain Marithew, whose home was located on McClellan Road. McClellan Road can be seen in the foreground.
-
da_villa_maria_cupertino_18xx A view of Villa Maria winery in Cupertino. Photographer unknown. Date unknown, assumed to be late 1800s. Used by permission of Santa Clara University Archives.
-
da_map_santa_clara_1876 JPEG image of a map of Santa Clara in 1876.
-
da_site_1964_514 A 1964 view of the future site of De Anza College, when it was still in use as an orchard by the Euphrat family, looking south.
-
da_college_seal_1967 This De Anza College seal, no longer in use, was created by a local high school student and selected as the winner in a design contest. The profile image in the center is Colonel Don Juan Bautista de Anza.
-
da_garden_trianon_1960 A water feature used as a swimming pool was part of the Baldwins's Sunken Garden. A pool house was added by the Euphrat family. This swimming pool is now the fountain area in the Sunken Garden.
-
da_charles_virginia_baldwin_19xx Charles and Virginia Baldwin, owners of the land beneath De Anza College from the late 1800s until 1909 when the couple moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado. The couples age and dress indicates a 1920s photo date.
-
da_site_1965_057 A group of visitors stands on the steps of Le Petit Trianon in 1965. This building is now the California History Center. From left to right: Dr. Robert Smithwick, Father Murrillo, Father Magallanes, Father Prol, and A. Robert DeHart, President Elect of De Anza College.
-
da_site_19xx_018 An aerial view of the site that would later become De Anza College. The white home near the center was referred to as Le Petit Trianon or The Pavilion. Behind Le Petit Trianon is Stevens Creek Road (later Blvd.) To the right of Le Petit Trianon is the winery building, which would become the De Anza College Bookstore. Le Petit Trianon and the winery building remain on today's campus, although Le Petit Trianon was moved to allow for the construction of the Flint Center for the Performing Arts. Date of photo unknown.